You can find the KITs Filters Tool in the Contacts and Reports tools. The Filters tool allows you to narrow down your data, so you can pull specific lists and data visualizations relevant to you. For example, perhaps you are interested in who has donated between a certain amount, or you want to pull a list related to the frequency of interactions with a contact. Filters can pull these lists, and much more.
KIT's filters are organized into a variety of filter categories to support you in finding relevant criteria. When selecting a category, various filter options will appear that are relevant to that category. Below are the following filter categories:
- All Interactions - filters related to contact interactions
- Fundraising Transactions - filters for both revenue and donation transactions
- Donation Transactions - filters specific to donation transactions
- Revenue Transactions - filters specific to contact transactions
- Fundraising Subscriptions - filters specific to recurring revenue and donation series
- Pledges - filters for pledges
- DonorSearch - filters that reflect DonorSearch data points
- WealthEngine - filters that reflect WealthEngine data points
- Donation Subscriptions - filters specific to recurring donation series
- Membership Subscriptions - filters specific to membership subscription details
- Revenue Subscriptions - filters specific to recurring revenue series
There are two logic types involved with filters.
- Filter Logic: Custom Logic that can be applied to each individual filter you add.
- Overarching Logic: Logic that applies to all of the filters you have added.
At the top of the module, you can choose an overarching filter logic, where you can choose 'Any' or 'All'.
- ANY - this logic will look for data that meet any (or at least one) of the filters you select.
- ALL - this logic will look for data that meets all (every single one) of the filters you select.
Individual Filter Logic
Individual filters also have various logic you can choose from. The logic opinions will vary depending on the filter you choose. You can view and change the logic options by clicking on the logic crop-down box.