Dashboards consist of graphs and values pulled from specific data sets within your account. The report information displayed on Dashboards supports you in staying up to date and analyzing data related to transactions, contacts, and interactions at a glance. This way you can keep track of donor behavior, financial health, contact list growth, donor engagement, and more.
Creating a Dashboard
To navigate to Dashboards, head to the 'Reports' tool and click on the 'Dashboards' tab. If you have not created a Dashboard yet, you will be prompted to create one.
When you click on 'Create Dashboard' you will be promoted to select from two Dashboard types.
One-Click Dashboards will display information that reflects a report built from one of the following four data set categories:
- Donations - report on all donation transactions in your account.
- All Transactions - report on all donation and revenue transactions in your account.
- Contacts - report on contact specific data
- Interactions - report on interactions you have had with contacts
Once you select a One-Click Dashboard data set and select 'Next' a Dashboard will auto-populate with pre-made reports that are displayed in the form of report 'Widgets'. Head to the Widgets section below to learn more about Widgets.
Custom Dashboards display information that reflects data sets that are filtered by specific criteria or parameters. There are four data sets that you can filter to create a custom report:
- Contact Reports - reports on contact data that meet specific filter criteria
- Transaction Reports - reports on donation and revenue transactions that meet specific filter criteria
- Donations Reports - reports on donation transactions that meet specific filter criteria
- Interactions - reports on revenue transactions that meet specific filter criteria
Once you select a Custom Dashboard data set and select 'Next' you will be prompted to name the new report and select 'Filters' to filter our data based on custom criteria. Head to the Filters section below to learn more about Widgets.
After adding your 'Filters' and clicking 'Next' a blank Dashboard will appear with an 'Add a Widget' to allow you to choose which reports you would like to display. Head to the Widgets section below to learn more about Widgets.
Widgets display data in the form of graphs and values pulled from the report you created the dashboard from.
Widgets can be added in the following ways:
(1) Automatically for One-Click Dashboards
If you create a One-Click Dashboard, the widgets will be automatically populated.
(2) Manually for Custom Dashboards
If you create a Custom Dashboard, you will be prompted with a button to 'Add Widgets'. When you add widgets to a Custom Dashboard, you will have seven widget categories to choose from that display various data breakdowns. The widget categories include:
- All Interactions
- Fundraising Transactions
- Donation Transactions
- Donation Transactions
- Revenue Transactions
- Fundraising Subscriptions
Note: you can add up to 10 widgets to your Custom Dashboard.
Remove, Rename, or Pin Widgets
To remove, rename, or pin a widget to your 'Home' screen, click the three-dot button in the top right-hand corner of the widget.
To re-order widgets on the dashboard, click the arrows on the 'Re-order Widgets' button in the top right-hand corner of your dashboard.
Depending on the widget, you will have various customization options to allow you to further break down the data displayed.
- Filters - allows you to adjust the filters on the data used for this widget specifically.
- Customize - allows you to change details related to data chart displays and values.
Filters allow you to narrow down your report data based on certain criteria, so only the data that meets those filters is reflected in your report data and dashboard.
KIT's filters are organized into a variety of filter categories to support you in finding relevant criteria. When selecting a category, various filter options will appear that are relevant to that category. Below are the following filter categories.
- All Interactions - filters related to contact interactions
- Fundraising Transactions - filters for both revenue and donation transactions
- Donation Transactions - filters specific to donation transactions
- Revenue Transactions - filters specific to contact transactions
- Fundraising Subscriptions - filters specific to recurring revenue and donation series
- Pledges - filters for pledges
- DonorSearch - filters that reflect DonorSearch data points
- WealthEngine - filters that reflect WealthEngine data points
- Donation Subscriptions - filters specific to recurring donation series
- Membership Subscriptions - filters specific to membership subscription details
- Revenue Subscriptions - filters specific to recurring revenue series
There are two logic types involved with filters:
(1) Overarching Logic
There is an overarching filter logic that will be applied to the filters you select.
- ANY - this logic will look for data that meets any (or at least one) of the filters you select.
- ALL - this logic will look for data that meets all (every single one) of the filters you select.
(2) Individual Filter Logic
Individual filters also have various logic you can choose from. The logic opinions will vary depending on the filter you choose. You can view and change the logic options by clicking on the logic crop-down box.
Adding & Editing Filters
You can add or edit filters for reports in the following ways:
(1) When Creating a Custom Report
When you create a 'Custom' Dashboard type, you will be prompted to create a report with filters.
(2) After Creating any Report
After you create a report, you can edit the filters on the report by clicking the 'Filter Data-set' button below the report name on your Dashboard.